Sunday, November 24, 2013

Eighty Years of Life


My grandma is the cutest thing. Ever.
On her birthday she thanked me for being there for her dessert and tea party because she thought I'd rather be down in Bend, Oregon with my boyfriend.
My heart literally melted.
Well, she thought wrong.
Besides the fact that he was actually in Washington doing manly-ish hunting things with his dad and friends, being with my Grandma and family this weekend is exactly where I was supposed to be.



This weekend humbled me, reminding me that all the awesome things about myself that I think are so 'original' and great, I actually inherited from my fantastic family.

MUSIC
is a huge part of my family.
Even if a relative claims they aren't musically inclined, they won't hesitate at a moments notice for an impromptu singalong. For Grandma's birthday, that was one thing she wanted at her party. Lots of music and singing. Cousin Sarah and I sang pieces we have worked on in our voice lessons and for one song all the relatives got together to sing "Do-Re-Mi" from my Grandma's favorite musical, The Sound of Music. 
I don't think I even have to mention the multiple layers of harmonies that occurs when we actually sang happy birthday. 


PICTURES
I used to think this was my own obsession.
This is definitely not so.
Many cameras were out and flashing for this whole event and I even got feedback from two photography professionals who happen to be close family friends. 
The value of documenting our lives together is strong in my family.
Here are some moments I captured. 












My parents are wonderful



My cousin Sarah bought these for the party. 
SOOO the love of cats, is very prominent in our family.





More singing!






And of course, the bunny ears.



And must I say, the drinking of wine at two in the afternoon was a plus.
My family sure knows how to have a good time. 
<3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment