Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Realization No. 2

Not only do I believe this statement to be true, it made me realize something. 
Could this be the sole purpose of facebook?
Seriously. 
Are we really just trying to stay connected or creep on other people to make sure their life is not as fabulous as our own?
News flash.
Some friends I know are out living the life, whether it be in Seattle, San Fran, NYC, and their facebook does a miserable job of reflecting that. Could it be their lives are so freaking awesome they don't have time to worry about keeping in touch? Or perhaps they aren't photo fanatics... that could also be it. But really, I think fcbk can misrepresent the true happiness occurring in others lives. 
In return, the people who have enough time to polish their fcbk with photos and comments/statuses... are we all happy? Creeping on friends, on exes, on ex-friends... or people we barely know but in her profile picture she is wearing the cutest dress and we just get SO curious. 
I have to admit I am one of those people currently. I'm still adjusting to Moscow, being home, unpacking, cleaning, job searching, yard work... and also updating my facebook. It's not that I'm obsessed with creeping or that I don't have better things to do... I just get bored and seeing what other people are up to is an interesting distraction. And as a result... this quote made me wonder... what people display on facebook... or choose to put up... could be a very crappy depiction of how happy their lives actually are. 
Another good reason to blog. 
Takes time away from facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment